Re[2]: Sputnik-40 / RS-17: QSL yet from Russia?

Authorized by...

During my last visit in Moscow, I have seen the bag with at least 500
request
for the RS17 QSL. Sergej told me that he was waiting the end of RS18 to send
the
RS 17 QSL . Why?

RS18 QSL. This QSL is in the process.
It tooks a little be more time than expected because this project was a
commun
project French and Russia and it was not easy to agree on the exact terms on
the
QSL.
Don't forget that like every amateur we are doing this during our free time
and
we have to manage family, business and amateur hobby.

Don't be to much impatient. Me F6FAO (AMSAT-F vice president) I promis you
that
you will receive your QSL.

On Spoutnik 41 web site ( http://www.ccr.jussieu.fr/physio/f6bvp/) you can
check
if we have well received you QSL request.

F6FAO

____________________________ Separateur Reponse
________________________________
Objet : Re: [amsat-bb] Sputnik-40 / RS-17: QSL yet from Russia?
Auteur :
/DDV=m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.
uk/DDT=HPMEXT1/S=m1btr/OU=BSFX1/O=ALCATEL/P=ALCANET
/A=ATLAS/C=FR/ a x400
Date :    09/01/99 11:42

In message <199901090558.AAA15926@mime4.prodigy.com>, MR STEPHEN G
THOMPSON <TKVF99C@prodigy.com> writes
>Hey everybody:
>
>exchange for my Sputnik-40 / RS-17 QSL/report.  But have any
>of you received or even seen a QSL yet from Sergej Samburov
>for last winters RS-17 project.  Having followed the
>Russian's very specific instructions, I sent two separate
>reports, one as a backup and have received nothing to date.

I asked the same question in rec.radio.amateur.space a month or so ago
as I'm still waiting for a QSL card for RS-17. I only used the Russian
address - nothing heard :(

I didn't hear from anybody who had received anything from Russia. I
guess the IRCs got 'lost' though, like you, I followed the instructions
carefully but probably the volume of mail caught someones attention.

When you see the news reports of people in Russia not being paid for
months I guess the temptation just gets too great.

The last I heard about QSL cards for RS-18 was to expect them to be sent
out late this month. This was based on the timings for last year where
cards were not sent until about a month after the bird had stopped
transmitting. I'm certainly looking forward to receiving mine.

73  John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk     M1BTR@GB7SKG
  QRV 6m 4m 2m 70cm   Member: RIG  RSGB  UKRS