Re: Ok, so what's available in Mode A

Try our site, Tim. We are the Southeast Michigan Area AMSAT Net:

http://oeonline.com/~kf8bex/amsat/index.html

We have some current satellite information there. The only Mode-A
satellites operational are RS-13 and RS-15. RS-15 is very weak, due to
the depletion of the batteries and you will become more proficient at
listening for weak signals. RS-16, which was launched some time ago,
was supposed to be another Mode-A satellite, but they haven't been able
to switch on the transponders.

With all the previous postings about our need to have more and more
FM repeater satellites, one would have thought that Mode-A satellites are
an ancient technology, a thing-of-the-past and that we should look toward
the future...to FM repeater satellites. The more I read postings like yours,
the more I am skeptical of the thought that Mode-A should be totally
abandoned for FM repeater sats.

Mike Rudzki, N8MR
E-Mail: n8mr@amsat.org
        kf8bex@oeonline.com
Active on:  RS-10 (when it was working), RS-13, RS-15
Worked All States OSCAR CW #238  <<<< 49 of which were on Mode-A satellites.