Re: FO-29

Ricardo Denis wrote:

> At 11:36 05-01-99 -0600, you wrote:
>
> hi brook,

(snip)
> >I think we can accomplish more with love than with hundreds of emails
> >of complaint.
>
> hundreds are not necessary. only a some so that notice is taken.
> belive me, i have gone out of my way to handle this in as a polite
> and non-offending manner as possible. i have volunteered my
> assistance, economic and otherwise, to help move the repeater to
> another frequency. i have tried to be convincing and i have been
> definately non-judgemental. i have talked to other hams that belong
> to that club as i am not a member. i talked to the members of my
> two clubs (which by the way was succesful with a third club whose
> repeater was on 145.850 -600). i tried appealing to their sense of
> patriotism. i talked politely about this at a ham satellite chat i
> gave at the recent central americam ham convention in El Salvador.
> i have been reasonable and civil at all times. on the other hand,
> there has been no reply whatsoever...no yes's, no no's, no maybe's,
> no "ok we've heard you"'s. how can a resolution come about if my
> appeals aren't even acknowledged? do you now see why i started this
> subject on the list? i did *not* say overflow their mailbox, i said
> only write *if* you feel it merits it. if the way i have proceeded
> seems non-gentlemanly, irrational or non-constructive then please
> let me know it. i don't want to be like that.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your gentlemanly message.  I clears up a lot of
questions I was about to write and ask.  Specificly I would have
asked for your assistance in trying to explain some history of the
club (repeater sponsor) and the socio-political aspects that may
have influenced their frequency choice.  There seems to be much
more to the story than we know.  It is difficult to make good
decisions without enough data.  It seems that you have done a good
deal of work trying to find a solution to this problem and I would
like to help if I can. However, my area of expertise is in hardware,
not negotiation.  There are many fine individuals who read these
postings who may be able to help you in that area.
I work for a company that builds repeaters (among other things) and
I may have rescources available to help you with hardware solutions.
It looks like you need people communication solutions before any
hardware help.

> >God knows that part of the world has seen enough trouble this year.

I hope others who read this understand that, at this point in time,
the public safety function of the interfering repeater may be of more
importance providing critical communications in a region hit with
a civil emergency.  We can certainly be patience, and try to be helpful
in dealing with the minor inconvience of QRM in a small slice of
amateur spectrum while the people of these countries work to rebuild
their homes and lives.

> you have to see it to belive it, as i write this i am stranded in
> my qth and can't get to work because a couple of bridges that are
> out again. the cold wave you guys are getting up there comes as
> heavy rain here.

My heart and prayers go out to you and your communities.

> 73 de rick, hr2kos
>
> ps i have just recieved an offer for new crystals which i will
> inmediately pass on...stay tuned

73, N8OCX
Brook Smith