Re: FO-29

At 11:36 05-01-99 -0600, you wrote:

hi brook,

>I have been following the thread about the repeater in Honduras.  I
>find it some what disturbing how some of our members have been
>reacting to this as a possible source of interference.  Personaly I
>feel that we should volunteer help to the organization that operates
>that repeater and help provide a solution; even equipment if needed.
>I think we can accomplish more with love than with hundreds of emails
>of complaint.

hundreds are not necessary. only a some so that notice is taken. belive me,
i have gone out of my way to handle this in as a polite and non-offending
manner as possible. i have volunteered my assistance, economic and
otherwise, to help move the repeater to another frequency. i have tried to
be convincing and i have been definately non-judgemental. i have talked to
other hams that belong to that club as i am not a member. i talked to the
members of my two clubs (which by the way was succesful with a third club
whose repeater was on 145.850 -600). i tried appealing to their sense of
patriotism. i talked politely about this at a ham satellite chat i gave at
the recent central americam ham convention in El Salvador. i have been
reasonable and civil at all times. on the other hand, there has been no
reply whatsoever...no yes's, no no's, no maybe's, no "ok we've heard
you"'s. how can a resolution come about if my appeals aren't even
acknowledged? do you now see why i started this subject on the list? i did
*not* say overflow their mailbox, i said only write *if* you feel it merits
it. if the way i have proceeded seems non-gentlemanly, irrational or
non-constructive then please let me know it. i don't want to be like that.

>God knows that part of the world has seen enough
>trouble this year.

you have to see it to belive it, as i write this i am stranded in my qth
and can't get to work because a couple of bridges that are out again. the
cold wave you guys are getting up there comes as heavy rain here.

73 de rick, hr2kos

ps i have just recieved an offer for new crystals which i will inmediately
pass on...stay tuned