Novel Microstrip Antenna

Good day all,
Reading the mail after coming back to work today after a vacation, I came
across an antenna article that I thought might be of interest.

The short article is from the December 7, 1998 issue of "Design News," page
31, in the "Washington Beat, Technical News From The Nations Capital" column
by Walter Wingo, Washington Editor.
I have re-ryped the article in it's entirety below for anyone that has an
interest in investigating further.

"A high-performance microstripline antenna that is circularly polarized
promises to improve quality in a variety of communications systems. Invented
by engineer Probir K. Bondyopadhyay of the Johnson Space Center, the antenna
has received U. S. Patent 5661494."

"Bondyopadhyay found a better way to cluster at least four microstrip
radiator elements, each connected to dual orthogonal coplanar feeds. The
device can be used in several mobile communications and broadcasting systems
using satellites or radar. Contact Mr. Hank Davis at (713) 483 0474."

That's all there was to the article, and I don't know squat about this type
of thing, but I thought someone might be interested in digging a little
deeper.

73's to all,
Carl Jensen, KE6SGU