Re: Eggbeater, Fiction, CW xmtr

HELLO JOE -- No, no eggbeater plans as such. Just the article in the
latest ARRL Satellite Handbook--out last year and copyright dated 1998.
See pp. 10-16 &17. I'm using a 13-inch piece of 2-in. plastic pipe to
hold the various pieces of  phasing and matching 50-ohm coax (ru58). At
each end I'll fasten a plastic pipe cap--at the bottom holding an SO-239
coax fitting; and at the top end the wire antenna loops fastened at right
angle to each other with brass No. 6 machine screws.  I'll have a length
of plastic faucet supply line cemented in the center of the top cap to
support the loops which will be made of  a very stiff telephone company
lead-in wire which seems to be about 16-gauge -- which I got last year
when the phone co put in a new lead-in after ours+ broke in an ice storm.
 Incidentally, I sawed about a half-inch off each of the pipe caps
because they were too deep.

I haven't worked on it for a while because I've gotten busy on a book
that I'm writing and hope will be out April 1. It's a fiction book and
consists of a novella (short novel) about murder and intrigue in the
Florida Keys (where I lived for 13 years) plus about 25 short stories.
Ham radio plays a significant part in two of the stories. But this is NOT
a kiddie book! It will be titled LOW, LOW TIDE and about a tide observer.

I'm also working on a CW xmtr made from the 1948 ARRL handbook -- using a
6V6 osc and a 6L6 rf amp.  Why? because I'm 86 years old and have all the
parts. I got my license 50 yrs ago and this will be a '"W2ZBY 50th
Anniversary Xmtr!"  (By the way,when I got this call sign in 1948 I was
living in Hackensack, NJ. Just got the call back after many years as
K4URX. What's ur QTH?

Gud luck wid the eggbeater. 73 Steve W2ZBY,
iN THE HEART IOF THE BLUEGRASS--LEXINGTON KY