Re: QRM in North American satellite sub-band(s) [was: FO-29 [qrm possibly located])

Hi!

At 12:38 PM 03-01-99 -0800, you wrote:
>AO-27 is also plagued by Spanish-speaking QRM, usually appearing during
>the last third of transcontinental passes, as received in the S.F. Bay
>Area.  I've never heard a callsign or anything resembling amateur traffic
>(albeit, i don't know enough Spanish to say that definitively),

Suggest trying to record the signal and, then, take it to someone who might
be able to help identify the source.  If the source can be identified, pass
the recording and related information (date, time, satellite, your location
and call sign, etc.) to ARRL intruder watch and to AMSAT for help in
resolving with the situation.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....