Re: Leap Second caution

> Did you notice most of the television shows counting down to the new year
> did not have the correct time due to the leap second?  They were all a
> second too fast! Also, I know many "accurate time" TV and radio stations
> are usually off a few seconds.  I've seen the weather channel be off by as
> much as 15 seconds.  That time may be generated locally, with the local
> forecast clock?

I have a digital satellite dish, and was watching a raw PBS feed yesterday,
where they have a test pattern with a clock zipping by on the bottom. My
receiver has a clock that is automatically updated from the satellite service,
and I had them on the screen at the same time, and they differed by 15
seconds!  This is time coming from the same downlink, one from the clock at
the uplink site, one from the network. I bet this had some of the local
stations confused. I forgot to watch my GPS and Oregon Sci  WWV clock.
My WWV clock seems to have the proper time. I know my OLD GPS, a
Garmin GPS 50 did not pick up leap seconds, and over the years got more
and more off time, but I think my newer one has better software.  Interesting.