Slightly off topic (Erik van der Weyer, etc.)

Ladies and Gentlemen:

During the past 24-48 hours, I have received a total of 22 msgs.
(so far) with an attachment of "winmail.dat" and its a WINAMP file.

With only one exception, I have never encountered this situation
before.  It seems, that the responders are not aware (perhaps in
some instances they are), that their browsers are set for an auto-
acknowledgment of any incoming msg.  Generally, these browsers
are to be found in an "office environment" and/or part of a LAN
system using  MS software which most of us on this reflector
do not use in my experience.

>From what I've heard, my msgs. show an HTML tag(s) or some
other "garbage" on the recipient's end, even if I send it as "text
only".
My personal browser is Netscape 4.5 running under Win '98.
Additionally, there is a setting on these "LAN/office" browsers or
messaging systems than can disable the annoying "tags" such as
false colors (blue, etc.).  My request to all of you who operate
or use such an "office" system is, to look into your settings box
and see if you can disable the offending tags.  It should not
affect anything else you may be working on/with.

My conclusion from the 1st and only instance prior to this one
was/ is, that I disable on my end the "receipt requested" box
when sending a msg. to this reflector for general distribution.
Be advised, that my normal "procedure" is to ask for a receipt,
however to keep the peace, I shall disable it and see what results
this will bring.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

73 de  ~Andrew
WB2GZM/VK3JJH