Re: G-5400B L-bracket question

-> I just bent the L-bracket about 22 degrees on my 5400. It was caused
-> by the cable for polarity switching on the 22C snagging on a tower
-> bolt during a high EL pass. I can't believe the boom to mast clamp on
-> the beam didn't slip first. Or the cross boom clamps...
->
-> Is this a typical problem with these rotors?

Given the material used for the bracket (cast aluminum) I find it
incredible that the darn thing didn't just crack and break. You mean it
really BENT by that much? Didn't fracture?

The only known caveat I know of with the 5400 brackets is go easy on
torqueing the bolts: they WILL crack the bracket themselves.

Regards,
Steve Diggs, W4EPI