ensoniq sound card

At 05:47 PM 12/28/98 -0800, Doug Cole wrote:
>I am in the market for a new sound card and am wondering if
>anyone knows if a pci card will work with the sstv and fft
>analysis software that is being used for sstv and cw analysis and
>the dsp filtering and other amateur related software that uses a
>sound card or am I stuck using a SB-16 ISA card?
>
>I am looking at the ensoniq pci card or possibly turtle beach
>card but it will need to be compatible with this type of
>application, any tries, anyone "been there done that" and can
>give me some input ?

I can't really answer your question except to say that I use the Ensoniq
card and it works fine with everything I have tried. I have a function
generator and an oscilloscope that work fine, but they are 32 bit windows
applications. I think that some of the older DOS programs may not work
except with the sb-16. The problem, too, with newer motherboards is that
often they have only one ISA and it is needed for a modem. Finally you know
that Ensoniq was sold to Creative. When I looked for a new driver for my
Ensoniq I had to go to the Creative web site. Hope this helps. ron w8gus.