sound card compatability

I am in the market for a new sound card and am wondering if
anyone knows if a pci card will work with the sstv and fft
analysis software that is being used for sstv and cw analysis and
the dsp filtering and other amateur related software that uses a
sound card or am I stuck using a SB-16 ISA card?

I am looking at the ensoniq pci card or possibly turtle beach
card but it will need to be compatible with this type of
application, any tries, anyone "been there done that" and can
give me some input ?

Thanks for any replies and the use of the 'bb

Douglas Cole
N7BFS
AMSAT#26182
dcole@ior.com