Re: help! (ao-27)

>Thank you to all that responded to my first query on this subject.
>Moreover, I recently acquired an Arrow antenna.  I hear the downlink
>fine (full scale reading at times), but I haven't been able to hear
>myself on the downlink yet.  I tried the pass at ~18:00 UTC with no
>trace of my signal on the downlink.  This was a good pass for me (66' @
>TCA).  Others on this reflector suggested the problem was due to
>receiver desense, but this does not seem to be the case because I can
>still hear other stations while I'm transmitting.  The description of my
>station is as follows: Knwd. TH-79A dual band (full duplex HT), Arrow
>antenna, Pro Am model D270 duplexer, transmit frequency is set at
>145.850 MHz.  If anyone could offer any more suggestions it would be
>greatly appreciated.  Also, I was wondering if anyone else is using a
>similar set up for ao-27.  What is the usual success rate of persons
>using an HT and a Arrow antenna because I heard someone make a comment
>that they did not expect to hear their friend on because he was using an
>HT, and there was allot of QRM.  Thank You.

Hello,   KQ6UP
Double check your duplexer, make sure it is passing the 2 meter
signal to the antenna.

If you can't hear your self in the head phones, means you are not
getting into the Satellite.

You could use more power to step on the other people using the
bird,  but you would not do that on your local repeater, Would you?

Hope we get some more like the AO27.

73 Al Lowe N0IMW
Arrow Antenna