AO27

similar set up for ao-27. What is the usual success rate of persons
> using an HT and a Arrow antenna because I heard someone make a comment
> that they did not expect to hear their friend on because he was using an
> HT, and there was allot of QRM. Thank You.

Hello,

I have a similar setup to yours. I am using an Icom W32A HT and an Arrow satellite antenna with the built in duplexer. I have made numerous contacts on the bird but for some reason I have not been able to make any in the past month or so. I seem to have better luck in half duplex. I suspect that what is happening is that the xmitter is feeding back into my receiver. I ask this question on the local Amsat net last night and W5IU Keith, suggested that I use headphones. Will try that today. Listen for KD5DAY today.

73 and hope to hear ya on the bird.

Gary