RE: QRM or Technical Achievement?

Jeff,
What you heard was packet.

As acting control operator of AO-27 I adjusted the TEPR states (the turn on,
turn off time)of the bird on the morning pass, December 7, 1998.

In order to set these states I need to put the bird into the digital mode,
send some data, verify that the data was received correctly by AO-27, and
then return the satellite to analog mode...the process usually takes 1 to 3
minutes.

I hope this clarifys what you heard.

73 and Happy Holidays
Chuck, KM4NZ