help! (ao-27)

Thank you to all that responded to my first query on this subject.
Moreover, I recently acquired an Arrow antenna.  I hear the downlink
fine (full scale reading at times), but I haven't been able to hear
myself on the downlink yet.  I tried the pass at ~18:00 UTC with no
trace of my signal on the downlink.  This was a good pass for me (66' @
TCA).  Others on this reflector suggested the problem was due to
receiver desense, but this does not seem to be the case because I can
still hear other stations while I'm transmitting.  The description of my
station is as follows: Knwd. TH-79A dual band (full duplex HT), Arrow
antenna, Pro Am model D270 duplexer, transmit frequency is set at
145.850 MHz.  If anyone could offer any more suggestions it would be
greatly appreciated.  Also, I was wondering if anyone else is using a
similar set up for ao-27.  What is the usual success rate of persons
using an HT and a Arrow antenna because I heard someone make a comment
that they did not expect to hear their friend on because he was using an
HT, and there was allot of QRM.  Thank You.

                                                      73's de KQ6UP