Re: Hello to the station with "5" within its callsign

Date sent:      	Wed, 23 Dec 1998 00:11:41 +0900
To:             	amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
From:           	Kazuo Okada <riverman@venus.dti.ne.jp>
Subject:        	[amsat-bb] Hello to the station with "5" within its callsign

> Hello, the station VK5?? or ??5??
>
> I could not catch your callsign except for "5" on the QSO by AO-10
> at 144.10MHz, 12:00 UTC Dec.22.
> So, I would like to complete the contact by this posting.. .

how can you complete a contact over the internet? a two way contact is only
legal when the callsign is exchanged in both directions. if it did not make it
one way, it is not a legal contact.

give it a try on another pass.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on GE-1, T12, 5.7MHz at 103 degrees