Receiver Noise temperature

Hypothetical problem.  If I have an omni directional dipole at 36,000 km
above the earth surrounded on all sides by the 4 degree coldness of space
and am listening to an earth bound weak transmitter sitting on a 300
degree kelvin planet earth.  Is the Signal to Thermal noise ratio that I
hear from him relative to the 300 deg or the 4 deg? (Neglecting the actual
NF of my LNA).  Seems like it should be awfully quiet out there... but
then if the earth is radiating at 300 deg kelvin and he is also radiating
toward me, that I have two signals and the ratio between them is relative
to a 300 degree noise floor?

de WB4APR.