Re: Just wondering

James B Sibley wrote:

> I am just wondering, are there such things as a hand-held ham radio?
>
> Thanx,
> James

Yep, once about a year ago, I had 7 of them, all for 2m.  had about 20
batteries.  Today, I am down to 2.5, an Icom IC-W32A, an Alinco DJ-F1T for
the XYL, and a Motorola brick (HT-220) which once fell out of my pocket at
40 mph on my honda, and still works.  It just needs a 147.16 RX xtal.

--
Vy73, Mike. KD9KC  Army MARS: AAV6EV
kd9kc@whc.net - - - kd9kc@amsat.org