Re: Windows98 question

First off I do not believe that the upgrade package will install
without an earlier version of Windows 3.x or 95 on the media you
are installing it on. I could be wrong but I believe that is the
case.

Second, doing the reverse is much less painless. That is first
installing 98 then NT. You will need to ensure you have left enough
disk for both 98 and NT. Also the active boot partition must not be
FAT32.

My approach is to create a 1G boot FAT16 (C:) then a 0.1G (100M) D:
for a permanent swap for 98. The rest is FAT32 and NTFS.

You can customize the "boot.ini" file to your preferences from there.

Unfortunately you may have to push the reset button on your installed
software on the NT side (re-install). I have heard that there is a way
around this but I do not know how.

--db-- AA2GF