IC-820H Mods

I own a used IC-820H, not the 821.  Are the mods stated for expanding the
RX/TX also valid for the 820?  Near the VU meter are two sets of smt diodes,
one large set marked R/G the others are small and I cannot see an easy
marking on them.  Any suggestions before I tear into it.  Also the 820 did
NOT come modified for expanded RX on the VHF side, though the ICOM manual
states it is.

Thank you
73's and Happy Holidays
Les KD4SFD

"I will not be pushed, filled, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or
numbered"  - The Prisoner