Re: Mir sstv

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:59:57 -0600, GPersons <railfan@flash.net> wrote:

> Hey gang!
>
> All of this sstv talk has got me excited. However, I have not seen a posting on the equipment that it takes to see the sstv images.
> Would it be possible for someone to post what a "typical" station is? Will a HT and Arrow Antenna and laptop work? Where can I get the Robot software?
> Please post a "typical" station so that those of us who don't have the setup will know what we need>

I have yet to get a chance to capture any of the images, but for the antenna
I would think that what works for the packet PMS would also work for the
images, I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. I use an HT for packet and
I also think this is acceptable for the SSTV. You will need a cable toto go
from the radio to your sound card input jack. As far as software, that will
be dependant on the OS that you use on your computer. There are several
varieties available on the net and you should be able to find one that fits
your needs. Good luck!

73 Jeff

    |jeffj@scott.net kf4kgq@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain      |
    | Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27   | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept |
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA      |
    =-=-=-=-=-=- Packet AX.25 KF4KGQ@wd4epr.#bhm.al.usa.noam -=-=-=-=-=-=