Re: Mir sstv

Gary,

>From the reports I have been getting it doesn't take much to get good pictures.
My set up is an FT847, dopppler corection,AZ El, KLM circular (left was
best)radio pre amp now & then... Result great pictures.

Tim Hynde KA8DDZ sent this note with his site of pictures:

"Well I had little time to make cables, audio transformers etc so the setup
is as simple as it gets:
ARX-270B dual band vertical antenna for 144/440
Icom 2GXAT HT
Chroma Pix running on a Toshiba Laptop 233Mhz/Sound card/ etc.
Audio fed to soundcard via mic on headset laying next to the speaker on the
HT.: ) ""
.......... The result...Yep, great pictures!

Scott Avery WA6LIE sent a great site to down load SSTV for sound cards:

http://www.siliconpixels.com/index.htm

 Download ChromaPix, run a line from phone out to sound card line in set
levels on the sound card  (as per site instructions)select Robot36 & tnx to
Scott thats how I found my set up.

You think all this talk on the reflector gets you excited? Wait till
the RX panel light lights up and the first lines of the picture start
scanning down your screen.

Good Luck

Al Emer N2YAC

At 07:59 PM 12/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey gang!
>
>All of this sstv talk has got me excited. However, I have not seen a
posting on the equipment that it takes to see the sstv images.
>Would it be possible for someone to post what a "typical" station is? Will
a HT and Arrow Antenna and laptop work? Where can I get the Robot software?