Re: VOXSAT-1 donation

Gustavo Carpignano, LW2DTZ
AMSAT LU vp

Dear Gustavo,

Many satellite operators will pay their way on the satellites when asked.  I
would be one of those in fact. I think it is great there will be another
amateur satellite for us to use.  Thanks for all your work!

I have seen your appeal before, and was on the verge of sending you a check,
but I have some serious reservations.

I mean absolutely no disrespect, and perhaps I am totally out of line, but I
would be hesitant to send a check written to a private individual.  Maybe it
is a sign of the times, or perhaps a case of excessive caution on my part.

I think you would get much better response if your plea for support asked us
to write a check to AMSAT LU, or to AMSAT NA with a stipulation it be
accumulated and forwarded to AMSAT LU.

I am not questioning your integrity, or doubting the money will end up in
the proper fund.  I ask you to consider my response, and think about setting
up a fund at a bank or some other institution.

Respectfully yours,

Mike Gilchrist kf4fdj@amsat.org