Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:12:10 +0000
To: schre010@maroon.tc.umn.edu, brlo@computerland.net, tfwd2@aol.com,
        wanbaugh@erols.com, carole@c-ely.net, edjansson@aol.com,
        hopely@mediaone.net, howard.lincoln@erols.com, jlschrenk@aol.com,
        jewelee@aol.com, kb1sf@compuserve.com, nile1@juno.com, roy_sr@juno.com,
        stanley@www.district28.k12.il.us, sgsavs@aol.com, craigmel@garden.net
From: Dick Jansson <wd4fab@magicnet.net>
Subject: A New Day Has Dawned

Greetings to all:

Sorry for the "bandwidth" on the distribution for this message, but I have
news of today that I want to share with everyone on the list.

Today, just three days short of one year after my back surgery, I saw the
spinal surgeon on a routine three-month checkup.  The usual X-rays were
taken and then the doctor pronounced the bone graft to be solid and that:

1) I did not need to see him further, unless needed.
2) I did not need to further wear my body brace.

Wow!  This news had not been expected for at least another six months or
so, and I am elated with the "freedom".  On Thursday 10.12.98, I will go
see a physical therapist to get some guidance for working out my dreadfully
tight ham string muscles, but other than that I feel SUPER.

I know that all of you have formed a sort of cheering squad for my
recovery, and I deeply appreciate your support.  Thanks.

Best regards to all,

Dick Jansson
wd4fab@amsat.org
wd4fab@magicnet.net