Re: QRM or Technical Achievement?

On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:02:52 -0600, Brook Smith <n8ocx@AMSAT.Org> wrote:

> The begining of the morning east coast pass of AO-27 was highlighted
> by transmissions of 1200 baud packet.  Soon after that the transponder
> was captured with what sounded like AM television transmission.  This
> signal trashed many QSOs throughout the pass and many operators seemed
> to give up trying to make contacts.
>
> Does anyone know if this signal was some new type of experimentation
> on AO-27?  Or do we just wait for two months for the article written
> in QST thats titled something like "Slow Scan TV QSL Cards Sent
> Through AO-27"?!!

I heard the noise also... I don't have a great antenna, but it sounded
really strange.....

73 Jeff

    |jeffj@scott.net kf4kgq@amsat.org |     Reserve Patrol Captain      |
    | Satellite: Mir R0MIR-1, AO-27   | Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept |
    |200LX+BayPac+FT50=Portable Packet|     QTH Birmingham, AL USA      |
    =-=-=-=-=-=- Packet AX.25 KF4KGQ@wd4epr.#bhm.al.usa.noam -=-=-=-=-=-=