From: Joel B. Black <jbblack@mindspring.com>
To: 'amsat-bb' <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Date: Saturday, December 05, 1998 8:08 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] FODTrack

Background:

I have just about used every slot in my PC for modems, soundcards, video
cards, etc.  With the exception of IRQ12, I have no free IRQs left in my PC.
As you may or may not know, IRQ12 is the PS2 IRQ (i.e.. PS2 mouse).  LPT
ports typically use IRQ7 although I have configured some to use IRQ5 and
(very rarely) IRQ9.  In other words, I have no free IRQ for a second LPT
port.

Question:

Can FODTrack be used through a DB-25 switchbox?  I realize that as long as I
am tracking satellites, I cannot switch the box to the printer, but is it
possible to use FODTrack in this manner?  If so, I would be interested in
hearing from those that have and the outcomes that they encountered.

Thanks.

Joel B. Black, KS4AW
jbblack@mindspring.com