Re: Idle Task under Wisp 32

Roy,
  What I'm referring to is setting up under "schedule events" to run a
program "on idle", i.e. a task or program executed continuously by the
computer between running satellite passes.  This is as opposed to
scheduling a once a day event, or an event that occurs following pass
completion.  What I want to do is computer command everything (radio,
tnc, and software) over to run WinAprs between passes, although one
could also use the example of monitoring the DxCluster or local packet
frequency.
  I'm probably giving away my age using the term idle task.  SatSked had
the option of running an "idle task", and the default name for the batch
file that contained the desired commands was called idletask.bat.  I
used to kick my station over to terrestrial 9600 bd packet, aim the
antennas at a local node, and load a local BBS program between passes
using idletask.bat at a previous QTH.  That's where I got the term from.
  Right now, when I schedule any program, even something as simple as
hyperterm, my computer just goes off in an endless loop, cycling the
hard drive with the hour glass on the screen.  The only way to recover
to to reboot, and very quickly get into GSC and remove the scheduled
program before I lose the ability to talk to the machine.  I'm convinced
the problem is not a bug, but either my not understanding how to set the
right software switches under schedule events, or an issue with my
particular machine.  Unfortunately, I can't figure it out, and am hoping
to duplicate a successful setup.
  Thanks for the help and 73 de Chas