Re: Y2k

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Bill Jones wrote:

> (...snip)
> The program being compatable is only part of it. Has the
> question of whether the TLE format will change been
> answered (I may have missed it )?
> (snip...)

Acording to Dr. Kelso's web site (http://www.celstrak.com),
they will be assuming (for now) that years 00-56 mean 2000-2056,
since there were no artificial satellites prior to 1957.
Look in the FAQs.

I'll be surprised (though pleased) if I'm still around when
this solution runs out, shortly after my 96th birthday.
If I hang on that long I'll be looking forward to seeing
Halley's return, due around the time I turn 100...

Laura Halliday VA3LDH   "Que les nuages soient notre pied
Grid: FN03gs                a terre..." - Hospital/Shafte