RE: (.imt)

Just to extend on Johns excelent overview.  Tomorrow morning I have
scheduled up an image of Baghdad which will actually include an image (or 3)
from the 5th camera on TMSAT.  This camera is a video camera and the image
length will be 500bytes, which will include approximately 3 frames of video.
It is possible in this time to detect approximately 1 pixel of movement (!).
The video camera has automatic exposure and if I remember correctly the
resolution is about 400m/pixel.

I will release some software to extract the video images in the next couple
of days.

Assuming I have put this combination together correctly, this will be
available during the morning Europe passes (it may still be processing the
video image during the first passes).  This may result in some of the
current images being deleted automatically by the satellite to maintain
space on the RAM disk.  The current images are generally covered in cloud so
this is not a problem.  Once a good set of images are taken, we will ensure
that there is enough time to download them all.

In addition, tomorrow mornings pass over Europe at approximately 10:55 UTC
will operate the downlink at 38k4.  Anyone wanting to experiment with 38k4
(and who doesn't have a job to go to!) might like to watch this pass.  I
will try to schedule up other 38k4 passes at other times.

73,
Chris G7UPN / ZL2TPO

Chris Jackson
Groundstation and Operations Manager