Re: (.imt)

Yes,  the .IMT files are the images on TMSAT.

Currently each take results in 5 images:

    TM00xxxx.IMI is the wide angle image
    TM01xxxx.IMI is a thumb nail of the wide angle
    TM10xxxx.IMI is the Near-IR image
    TM20xxxx.IMI is the Red filter image
    TM30xxxx.IMI is the Green filter image

None of the images have the 256 byte images header on them that KO-25 (KO-23 and
UO-22) had on them.

All the images are 8 bit pixels and the dimensions are:

    TM00xxxx.IMI  611 pixels wide x 576 pixels high
    TM01xxxx.IMI  141 pixels wide x 156 pixels high
    TM10xxxx.IMI  1020 pixels wide x 1020 pixels high
    TM20xxxx.IMI       -----   ditto   -----
    TM30xxxx.IMI       -----   ditto   -----

All the images except the wide angle image can be viewed using an image viewer
that lets you load raw data from a file and specify the pixel size and
dimensions.

The wide angle image can be viewed in the same way,  but you will end up with 2
images that look the same because the image is stored with the even lines first
and then the odd lines.  I have also found it is necessary to start the decoding
of this image 400 bytes into the image.

The multispectral images can be displayed individually as a gray scale image or
they can be combined to generate a false color image.  Currently the red filter
image (TM20xxx) is rotated 180 degrees relative to the others,  and they are not
aligned,  so they need some work to get a good image.  Currently I am shifting
the images according the the following:

	Near-IR image  left 1 pixel, up 1 pixel
	Red filter     left 2 pixels, down 6 pixels
	Green filter   right 11 pixels up 33 pixels

I say 'Currently'  for all this as I understand from Chris Jackson that this
will change as the improve the onboard software.

I do have some Java code that will display these images,  but it is realy part
of the next release of JStation.  I could make something available that stands
alone if it is really wanted.

I do know that Colin Hurst (VK5HI) is working on updating his image viewer to
display them as well.

Hope that helps.

-- John Melton  n6lyt/g0orx