RE: TO-31 "silence"???

This evenings problems were caused by a software error in the Telemetry and
Telecommand Module.  I was alerted to the problem after the first Surrey
pass this evening.

On the second pass I checked out the on-board systems and shut the
spacecraft to all users.  The transmitter cycling that you observed was due
to the transmitter monitoring task not being able to correctly receive the
transmitter power telemetry and it therefore shut the transmitter down.
After decoding some of the log files from that pass I was able to ascertain
what was wrong, and this was rectified on the 2306 pass over Surrey.  The
BBS was opened up again for general use toward the end of this pass and the
transmitter should be operating correctly.

Since some testing is still occuring on TMSAT, you should expect the BBS to
be unavailable occasionally.  In addition, since we are still not 100% sure
about the problem with the transmitter, we are cautiously gathering data and
this may mean that the transmitter schedule will change from time to time.
I will try to post information in advance of when this may occur (if at all)
however this may not always be possible.

73,
Chris G7UPN / ZL2TPO

Chris Jackson
Groundstation and Operations Manager