TO-31 "silence"???

Hi

I only had a chance to attend at a couple TMSAT pass's yet,
but on both I noticed the sat "desappeard" for a couple moments.
The signal was strong and suddenly, nothing! And a few seconds
later, there it was, strong again!
I only have RHCP so I can't check if it's due change of pol.
But it seems the sat "went" to transmit on another frequency...
Any resonable explanation? Thanks in advance!

73 F.Costa, CT1EAT

P.S. BTW, without an "agreament" between all users, there is no
     way we can download 1Mb files...