Quiktrak Y2K Problem

My name is Gary "Joe" Mayfield (ka0yos) amsat # 21357.

I understand the current plan is not to patch the Y2K problems in Quiktrak.  I use Quiktrak as does my father (wa0eaf).  I'm under the impression many people are still using it and would like to see it patched.

I have emailed the author and the message bounced.

Depending on the language it was written in, I am offering to write the upgrade myself donating all time and any revenue to AMSAT.  I am an electrical engineer currently writting programs and fixing Y2K problems for a living.

Thanks and 73,
Joe