Re: STSPlus Help

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Johns <jeffj@scott.net>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Date: Monday, November 30, 1998 8:45 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] STSPlus Help

>Hi everyone! Could someone on the list that uses STS Plus answer a couple
of
>questions for me? I have been using STS Orbit for quite a while now and
will
>continue to use it on my HP200LX but for my desktop at work I thought it
>would be cool to be able to track more than one satellite at a time so I
>downloaded STS Plus.  It's a great program and I plan on registrering it,
>but I can't figure out how to set it up to track more than one satellite at
>a time :( I'm usually pretty computer savy, so I must just be overlooking
>something real simple. Basically, I would like to be able to track Mir and
>AO-27 at the same time. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in
>advance!

You need to do two things:

1) Set up Mir and AO-27 as "Real Time Satellites" under "F6" from the main
menu.
2) You need to enable tracking of real-time satellites -- from Main Menu:
        A)  Select program options and features under "F10"
        B)  Select display features under "F3"
        C)  Toggle TDRS and real time satellite tracking to either "On" or
"Both" under "F3"

That should take care of it for you.  Note that in step 1) you need to
follow the program directions carefully.

Good let me know if you have any more problems.

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org
http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd