Re: aol 4.0

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:01:37 -0600 (CST), Jeff Johns wrote:

>I often wonder why there is HTML email. In my opinion, and yes I know
>everyone has their own, email should be pure ascii (with the exception of
>binary attachments) where it is easily read and handled by all mail clients.
>Why reinvent something that has worked well since the days of the ARPANET
>and even earlier for some older inhouse type networks.

Jeff,

It's like this for AOL - I send to and recieve email with AOL them all
the time - and never see HTML in the message - I suspect, they use the
HTML so they can control the output of the message. as the tech I
talked to said 'inline pictures and such' - it's convenant, but, they
need to have some *easy* way to save a non-htmlized version of the
email.

--- May Peace and love be yours,
Poohbear/Brendan Keyport
poohbear@poohbear.net (Admin)