Re: RS12&13

> Hi everyone,
>  A few days ago I decoded the telemetry from RS-12 on 2M and I believe that
it
>  says that both the 15 and 2M receivers were turned off.  Has anyone else
been
>  checking the telemetry?

When I checked last weekend, the CW beacon said both were off for RS-12 and
both were on for RS-13, which they were not.

>  I expected the 2M RX to be off, since it was transmitting there, but I am
not
>  sure why the 15M RX wasn't operating.

The RS-13 15 m RX was on today FB.  I had a horizon-to-horizon chat with Don,
W8TRX.  I believe the audio quality of the 10m downlink on RS-13 is superior
to that of RS-12.  The RS-12 2m beacon continues, but no downlink.

>  Incidentally, the exact lines I got this from were "IMS00", and "NIS00".
Full
>  telemetry decoding tables for RS-12/13 and FO-29 as well as others can be
>  found in "The Analog Satellite Operating Guide" available from AMSAT.
>  73,
>  John Oppen, KJ6HZ

>>  In a message dated 98-11-21 15:43:58 EST, w7lrd@juno.com writes:
>  > Hello all
>  >  What is the current status of these sats?  At 1950Z I could hear Rs12
>  >  beacon on 2m and rs13 beacon on 10m. Yet was unable to uplink to either
>  >  (operator trouble perhaps)
>  >  73...Bob...W7LRD
>  >  "Always make new mistakes"

The mode K uplink is 21.260-21.300 corresponding to 29.460-29.500.

Regarding the W9IF's observation of a "breaking up" robot, I also noted the
beacon sounding "warbly" on a couple of passes last weekend but it sounded
fine today.

73's all,
Jerry, K5OE