Rotor control program (ascii output?)

What I need is a rotor control program, however; I am building the az/el
from
a set of high torque stepping motors that have intelligent controllers.
What
would be ideal is a tracker that outputs az/el in ascii. I can write the
code
in the stepper to read the string and move. Is there such an animal
available? Other suggestions? I could read a binary output from a
parallel, count pulses etc.

Tim, ka8ddz
ka8ddz@eaglequest.com