Re: AO-27 Pass

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998 11:43:51 -0500, KF4FDJ (Mike in Fort Myers, FL)
wrote:

>Brendan,
>
>Get a new ISP.  My posts appear in a few minutes.  On a busy day, 1/2
>hour.  Too long for him, sor sure, but too long in your case!

My "ISP" is me. poohbear.net is my own machine.  Delivered directly to
AMSAT from here, and AMSAT's majordumbo (oh, wait, is that majordomo?
<G>) returns it direct a while later.  (wanna see the SMTP log?)

(psst, my uplink ISP is called a IAP, cause I provide my own
"services", but I can't provide my "access".)

When I did post that, the time on that message to bounce back took
considerably less -
30 minutes, if I recall, yet, the lag is *still* not short enough for a
5 minute warning - this is very true.

Cheers!

--- May Peace and love be yours,
Poohbear/Brendan Keyport