Re: RS-13 Report

Your point is right on the money.  I hope the controllers for RS-12/13 are
listening.

This was the most popular LEO going (I'm not ignoring AO-27, I'm just biased
to slightly longer QSOs) when it was in mode KA.  Often the phone portion was
so crowded on weekend passes you couldn't find a spot to call CQ.  You could
usually count at least a half-dozen CW QSO's in the bottom half of the
passband during weekend passes as well.  I made one keying my 2m FM rig just
to see if it could actually be done.  It didn't matter if you were talking to
a Tech on the 2m uplink or an Extra in the CW passband at 21.220.  There were
a lot of people using the bird and that's what its all about.  When RS-12 was
in mode T this summer that was interesting as a change, but turning one of the
birds' mode A uplink back on would be wonderful for amateurs all over the
globe.  Anybody listening?

73 es BCNU on the birds
Jerry, K5OE