Re: OFF TOPIC Coding for DOS (was Re:VR-85 help)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 06:08:09 +0000, Michael P. Olbrisch wrote:

>Well, there will always be those who resist change.  By God, thats the way
>they did it back in 1941, and if it was good enough then, it is good enough
>now.  Try OLE on DOS heh heh heh...

Excuse me?  Just for the record, I'm running OS/2 Warp on both a K6-233
clone and an IBM PS/2 Model 95.  I have an up-to-date web browser, just
installed Java 1.1.7A, I have a state-of-the-art 32-bit COMM program
that I use for packet, and I use Logsat 5.1 for Windows to track
satellites in Win-OS2.  (And OLE works too!).  So whip me and beat me
because I haven't had time to install the OS/2 5.0 beta....

By God, that's the way they do it in 1998, and it's good enough for me.

(BTW, OS/2 (FWIW) was Y2K compliant at least a year ahead of anything
from Moneysoft).

Change is good, but not at the expense of stability and reliability.
Trust me, I support computers for a living and I see ALL of the Windoze
headaches.  I also see OS/2 and DOS running consistently, day in and
day out, reliable and stable as a rock.

heh heh heh heh....

Jim Shorney                                          -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorn@binary.net
nu0c@amsat.org
NU0C
Lincoln, NE, USA