Re: Preamp needed

John Wood wrote:

> Hi gang:
>         I have an Arrow antenna to receive AO-27 but like others
> on this reflector, my receive signal is very weak.  I would like
> to have suggestions for a preamp (70 CM) that is battery powered
> (hopefully) and is small in size that could be connected to the
> BNC connector of the 70 cm portion of the antenna.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> John Wood, KF6HFA <wood@iname.com>
Check out the DownEast Microwave Preamp that they have for under 50
dollars. I have been using it to pull in AO-16 a lot better using only a
dual-band vertical running only 5 watts from my Icom IC-820. It's no
bigger than four nine volts batteries. One thing I keep forgetting about
is not to transmit with it inline as 50 watts does have fun with the
surface mount components...<G>

James KD4DLA