Re: Tech question

Richard, yes there are special space qualified crystals but in general
there seems to be little problem.  During a visit to Vandenberg, I saw
some hardware in which crystals were mounted in random configuration.
     I just ordered some crystals for the university satellite project in
which TO 39 style case with an additional ground wire was used.  If the
crystal must be mounted flat against the G forces, this gives the quartz
two additional support points.  Since the ham satellite has only one
crystal the very expensive unit was specified.  Cliff K7RR/W6HDO