Re: Preamp needed

John,

ARR makes a small receive only 70cm pre-amp that works from a 9v battery
if that's how you wire it up.  It is made for 12v, but works on 9v. I
use one with my ARROW and it works quite nice.  It has BNC connectors.

As an aside, I also have a gain dual band antenna, and it works quite
well with the pre-amp also, although pointing is a bit more critical
that with the ARROW. Make sure your diplexer has enough isolation so you
don't burn out the gasfet!

I have found that AO-27 favors an angle somewhat off vertical
orientation on the downlink.  What is your experience?

73, Mike kf4fdj@amsat.org