Re: found grid sq ok

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:36:05 -0000, John Becker wrote:

>So what good is the grid system?

So, what good is locator A-1 on page 19 of  a map?

>If I told you my grid (what ever the hell it is)
>would you know my QTH without getting out a map?

Yep, surely - within a few miles, with the 6 position format (CN87te),
within a few feet, of all likely hood.

Although, most people now use latitude and longitude, gridsquares sure
is useful to find anywhere somewhat quickly - it's also easier to
indicate... I think Gridsquares are *very useful - and fun.

Cheers, and stuff the turkey so you can stuff yourself ;-)

De N7UIE
--- May Peace and love be yours,
Poohbear/Brendan Keyport
poohbear@poohbear.net (Admin)