Grid Sq..what good is it?

John Becker wrote:

"So what good is the grid system?
If I told you my grid
(what ever the hell it is)
would you know my QTH without getting out a map?

If I told you my QTH is in the north east corner
of Missouri would you need a map?

I just dont see what good it is.

John, N0AJF"
---------------------------------
  I hope you were just joking..
  If not, then I suggest you borrow/buy/steal a
copy of the ARRL operating manual and read about
it, or point your internet browser in this
direction:

http://www.arrl.org/locate/gridinfo.html

No excuses, but the reasons I posted my
grid square were:
1. I was asked where my grid square was
   by someone on AO-27
2. I reside in Texas, but my callsign is
   a Guam call. Yes, I am going to change
   my call when I upgrade to General soon.

73