Re: found grid sq ok

> So what good is the grid system?
> If I told you my grid (what ever the hell it is)
> would you know my QTH without getting out a map?

here is why grid squares are used...really quick... if you need more
information on grid squares, the entire text is available at the amsat.org web
site.

Where do those funny letter and number combinations come from? At a
conference in Maidenhead, England many years ago an international group
decided this type of coordinate system would be used because the older
QRA locator system could have a duplicate location outside Europe.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
10-X International Contest Committee Chairman
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T3B, 6.2MHz at 74 degrees.