Arrow antenna test

Hello all,

  I just made my first AO-27 QSO. What a blast!
Reports from other ops that I was full-quieting
into the bird. The downlink was not that great
though, about 30% white noise but I heard several
ops on the bird and could easily hear what they
were saying. Unfortunately, when holding the HT
in one hand and the antenna in the other, writing
down callsigns and QTH's was impossible. I will
get out my tape recorder next time and record
the pass then log the calls that way.
 I found that holding the Arrow 146/437-10 was
not a problem during the pass and it's very easy
to track the sat without losing the signal. I use
STSPlus to get AOS/LOS information and TS Kelso
keps(http://celestrak.com)  and ATOMIC CLOCK
 (http://www.parsonstech.com/software/atomic4.html)
to keep my pc time correct. Holding the antenna
horizontally polarized made for best downlink
reception. I used a Kenwood TH78a dual-band HT that
is about 5 years old and a Daiwa DX-10D duplexer
which I attached directly to the HT with a BNC to
SO239 adaptor. I may try a pre-amp for the downlink
but so far so good.
 Arrow Antennas website is
http://hometown.aol.com/arrow146/index.html
 I'll have to try this antenna at the next fox
hunt too..

Chris KH2PM
Lake Conroe, TX