RE: RS-15

Don't use a vertical antenna system.  You need to have
an antenna system that is efficient with high angles of
attack. Very MINIMUM would be a horizontal 1/2 wave
dipole.  I have a set of inverted-V antennas that are
90 degrees apart.  They use the same pole and feedpoint.
It looks like a plastic pole with 4 guy-wires.  They
are fed with 1/4 wave of 75 ohm coax into a T connector.
I also do have a pre-amp which is NECESSARY if you want
to have a real QSO.  You also need at least 100 watts
ERP on 2-meters.  With this I rarely get any meter
movement on my HF rig during a QSO.  RS-15 only transmits
about 1/4 watt ERP so the emphasis is really on the
downlink receiver system.

Kevin, WB5RUE