Re: ICOM 271/471 Computer Interfacing Help

I'd like to add to this information request.

I also have a 271H/471H pair and I'd like to know if anyone has the 9600-
baud modifications for them.

I got my UX-14 cards soon after acquiring the radios. I'm not sure if the
boards are still available, as they were getting scarce about two years ago.
The UX-14 is a CI-V level converter for computer control of the frequency and
mode. Once you have the boards installed you can plug them into a CT-17
level converter / computer interface. Many Icom radios made after the
271/471 pair have the CI-V interface feature already built-in.

Good luck and 73

Mike, N8MR
n8mr@amsat.org